Welcome to our neighborhood!
When you open the doors to Rodef Shalom, you’ll find a community that’s as vibrant and evolving as you are. You’ll discover a diverse congregation engaged in social issues, culture, and learning – a congregation rediscovering Jewish values that give meaning and provide a strong foundation to face the challenges of contemporary life.
Our doors are open to everyone.
Worship With Us
Join us for Shabbat services with beautiful music and meaningful prayer. We welcome interfaith families, the LGBTQIA+ community, visitors, and all generations… and we’re saving a seat for you too.
Learn With Us
We are lifelong learners, from childhood to golden years. Preschool, religious school, or adult education, there are always age-appropriate opportunities to learn at Rodef Shalom.
Engage With Us
Have some fun, make a difference, and deepen relationships… the best way to make the most of our community is to get involved. From social action events to celebratory meals, you'll find something you love at Rodef Shalom.
Nosh on this quick bite
In their 15 Minutes with a Mensch Podcast, Rodef Shalom members Bill Battistone and Sarah Greenwald explore various aspects and ideas of modern day Jewish life with guests of all backgrounds and interests. These brief episodes delve into individual practices of faith and culture, Torah teachings, and much more!
- Wed, Dec 07Rodef Shalom CongregationDec 07, 7:00 PM – Dec 11, 2:00 PMRodef Shalom Congregation, 4905 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USARodef Shalom's COSA Committee is collecting new toys for our friends at Holy Cross Episcopal Church in Homewood and For Good PGH in Braddock to distribute to under-resourced families this holiday season. Please drop off new, unwrapped toys or gift cards for the purchase of toys.
- Sat, Dec 10Rodef Shalom Congregation
- Sun, Dec 11Rodef Shalom CongregationDec 11, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PMRodef Shalom Congregation, 4905 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USAEvery Hanukkah celebration needs some yummy Hanukkah-themed cookies and we're going to make them together! Join your friends for lunch and a cookie-decorating extravaganza. We'll have frosting, we'll have sprinkles, and we'll have lots of decorating tools... all we need is you!
- Sun, Dec 11Register for detailsDec 11, 12:00 PMRegister for detailsCome explore a museum like one you have NEVER seen before. Located right here in Pittsburgh, this mansion houses a world-class collection of music boxes and other antique automatic music machines, as well as many other fascinating items... including a number of hidden doors and secret passages!
- Wed, Dec 14Neville Roller DromeDec 14, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PMNeville Roller Drome, 5109 Neville Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15225, USALace up your skates and celebrate Hanukkah at our skating party! Bring your own skates or rent a pair at the skate park. $8 to skate, $3 to rent - CASH ONLY. This event is "rolling," which means come and leave whenever you want. RSVP by December 11.
- Sun, Dec 18Congregation Beth ShalomDec 18, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMCongregation Beth Shalom, 5915 Beacon St, Pittsburgh, PA 15217, USAGames, crafts, prizes, donuts and latkes! Everyone is welcome to join us for J-JEP Religious School's annual community Hanukkah celebration. Only $5 per person or $15 per family at the door. For sponsorship opportunities contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thu, Dec 22Rodef Shalom CongregationDec 22, 6:00 PMRodef Shalom Congregation, 4905 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USAFamilies with kids of all ages are invited to celebrate Hanukkah together. We 'll light the Hanukkah menorah, sing some songs, have a festive meal, and of course, play a bit of dreidel! $5 per person or $25 per family - RSVP REQUIRED by December 18.
- Meets MonthlyRodef Shalom and OnlineMeets MonthlyRodef Shalom and Online, 4905 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USAThis cohort experience is designed for Jewish adults 55 and older who are open to conversations about what it means not just to get older but to age wisely. The group will meet monthly using the book Wise Aging: Living with Joy, Resilience, and Spirit.